Training – In House & Public
A learning ground for efficient construction project delay analysis, extension of time claim management, construction schedule management and construction document management based on the Electronic Document Management System.
It aims to develop personnel of construction organizations, whether it is the owner, contractor, supervisor, project consultant, designer or interested person, in the rapidly changing digital age to provide them with knowledge which can be applied in real practices according to international standards for the most efficiency from the direct experience of the speaker.
Apirath Prateapusanond, Ph.D.
Managing Director, Forensic Delay Analysis, Construction Claim Consultant, Mediator
Since 1998, Dr. Apirath has been an international construction management consultant specialized in contract and claim management, forensic delay analysis, dispute resolution, scheduling and document management on mega construction and property projects such as the West African Gas Pipeline (WAGP) project in Africa, the Big Dig project in Boston, GSA Office Building and U.S. Courthouse in New York, Enron Power Plant in Puerto Rico and Ronald Reagan Building in Washington D.C, the MahaNakhon Project in Thailand. She was appointed as a schedule expert witness on Samut Prakarn Wastewater Treatment Plant Project in Thailand.
She has outstanding technical, contract and management experience in construction projects; analysis of project delay and cost-overrun, evaluation of labor productivity and inefficiency, evaluation of project damages, analysis of CPM scheduling and performance and business performance optimization. She has also experienced in construction claim preparation for arbitration and litigation procedures worldwide.
To prevent and resolve any construction claims from escalating, she has promoted the effective use of electronic document management service, namely QConzol in the construction society starting in Thailand. QConzol service is the combination of ConZoL system and our Quantum PPP service which can fairly and accurately manage all project records for all parties involved including the tender documents until the handover documents during the entire life of construction projects. The outstanding benefits of our QConzol service is to reduce costs, increase the accuracy of all document submissions and approval status, prevent unnecessary delays and claims and ultimately build a good working relationship among all parties.
- Ph.D. in Civil & Environmental Engineering (Construction Management) Virginia Polytechnic Institute, Blacksburg, Virginia 2003
- M.G.A. in Marketing, University of Maryland University College, College Park, Maryland 1997
- M.Sc. in Operation Research and Management Science, The George Washington University, Washington, DC 1995
- B.B.A. in Industrial Management, Thammasat University, Bangkok Thailand 1992
- Quantum PPP Consulting Limited
(previously named Warner Construction Consultants (Thailand) Limited)
Construction Contract and Claim Management Consulting
Managing Director, Forensic Delay Analyst, Construction Claim Consultant, Mediator 06/2010 – 2017
- PPP Consultants, Bangkok, Thailand
Construction Contract & Claim Management Consulting
Managing Director 02/2005 – present
- Hill International, Inc., Washington, DC
Construction Claim Consulting Group
Claim Analyst / Consultant 06/1998 – 01/2005
- S.P. Electric Industry Co., Ltd., Power Transformer Manufacturing, Bangkok
Project Management and Planning 1992 – 1993
- West African Gas Pipeline Project, Nigeria, Ghana, Benin, Togo in Africa. During litigation process, providing a claim consulting, reviewing numerous drawing revisions and critical delays and schedule analysis for a main contractor (2011-2012)
- Package 5, Suwannaphum Airport, Phase 1, Thailand. Providing a claim consulting for the Owner’s representative in the preparation of arbitration. (2012-2013)
- NDIA – New Doha International Airport. Preparation of EOT claim submission for a MEP subcontractor (2011)
- XRL 822 TSE UK Tsuen to Shek Yam Tunnels, Hong Kong. As a third party consultant, evaluating the project delay and overbreak overrun for the Owner and Contractor during their third-party intervention (2016-2017)
- Housing development, Maiden Lane, UK. Preparation of EOT claim and VDO presentation (2016-2017)
- OSBL & ZLD Projects in Doha. Scheduling and EOT claim preparation (2017)
- MahaNakhon Project, Bangkok Thailand, 77-storey Condominium, providing contract, scheduling and document management consulting for MEP Contractor during the project (November 2013 to 2018)
- The River Condominium, Bangkok Thailand. Preparation of EOT and design change claim notice for MEP subcontractor (2012)
- The Met Condominium, Bangkok Thailand. 66-storey Condominium, providing claim management consulting for MEP subcontractor (2007)
- Show DC Project, Bangkok Thailand ((2015-2016)
- Zpell Project, Bangkok Thailand (2015-2016)
- Nissin Factory, Thailand. (2016)
- Capella Hotel Georgetown, Washington D.C., USA
- ERP system implementation, for a government in the US.
October 2007 – July 2008: Schedule Expert Witness Experience
- Samut Prakarn Wastewater Treatment Plant, Wastewater Collection System Construction, Samutprakan, Bangkok. Providing schedule and delay analysis for the Project, which are the construction of 210 manholes and installation of 26,784 linear meters of large-diameter pipelines.
August 2005 – October 2007: Project Consultant
- Chevron Asia South Limited, Bangkok, Thailand. Deploying and applying world class Capital Stewardship and the Gold Standard Assessment efforts in aiming to be the best performing SBU in CIEP. Enhancing CPDEP and project management skills in the SBU organization by conducting and organizing project management training workshops (06/2007 – 10/2007)
- Business Process Improvement Project at CUEL Limited, an Oil & Gas Platform EPCI Company aiming to completing construction projects on time and within reconciled costs. (08/2005 – 07/2006)
June 2003 – February 2005: Construction Claim Consultant
- “Big Dig” Central Artery/Tunnel Project, Boston, Massachusetts $14.6 Billion, most complex and technologically challenging highway project ever undertaken in the world. (Project duration: 2002-2005)
- Theater Provided Equipment Refurbishment Program (“TPER”), providing for Army line haul, medium tactical, and heavy tactical vehicles to receive regular maintenance as well as unscheduled maintenance and repairs, Kuwait (2005 – 2006)
- Four Seasons Hotel, Emerald Bay, Great Exhuma Island, Bahamas $110 Million, 470 acre World-Class Residential Resort and Hotel Construction Project (2005)
June 1998 – May 2003: Construction Claim Analyst – Various Projects
- $720M Ronald Reagan Building (Federal Triangle Project), Washington, DC
- $354M Bank One Ballpark Construction Project, Phase II & III Claims, 14th Street Tunnel Project, Washington Metropolitan Area Transportation Authority, Washington, DC
- Metropolitan Detention Center, Federal Bureau of Prisons, Miami, Florida
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Project, General Services Administration, Boulder, Colorado
- GSA Federal Building and U.S. Courthouse Project, Reno, Nevada
- GSA Office Building and U.S. Courthouse, Islip, New York. $212 Million Office Building and U.S. Courthouse Construction Project, a Richard Meier design. (Project duration: 1996 - 2000)
- Penuelas Combined Cycle Power Plant, Penuelas, Puerto Rico. $450 million combined cycle power plant construction project consisting of a combined cycle 507MW gas turbine powered cogeneration plant, an LNG pipeline, water lines, and a 2M gallon per day desalination plant. (Project duration: 1996 - 2000)
Training & Certificate
- FIDIC Module 2 & 3 Course:
Certificate: Claims and Disputes Resolution
Certificate: Understanding Dispute Adjudication Boards (DABs) (2020)
- Consepsys, Document Control Professional in UK – 3 Online Courses
Certificate: Document Control: Managing the Risks related to Documentation
Certificate: EDMS Implementation
Certificate: Project Document Control (2019)
- International Chamber of Commerce and Dispute Review Board Foundation,
Dispute Board Workshop (2018)
- The Chartered Institute of Arbitrators Association, Thailand (CIArb), Thailand
Introduction to Mediation (2012)
- Chevron Asia South, Thailand
CSOC Regular Certificate (2007)
Training – In House & Public : Training Class
Q01- Request for Extension of Time (EOT)
The delayed construction project has the right to request an extension of time or not? When an extension of time should be requested? What documents must be submitted to the employer? How to analyze work plans and their impact on working hours? What good letter and presentation should consist of? And how the preparation should be during the beginning of the project?
This intensive 2-day course has the answers. It brings together the essentials for international extension of time request that can be applied to any construction project of any size, worldwide and focuses on actual extension of time requests. Workshops will be done so they can be put back into real practice for expected result. In addition, it also helps to understand construction plans and a good notification and recording system that must be done before and during a construction project.
Who is this course suitable for?
Director, Manager, Engineer, QS, Contract, Claim, Scheduler. Participators will know and be aware of how, when, and by whom a good extension of time should be done, the importance of initial and updated schedule planning, common mistakes in an extension of time request, and necessary documents for proving construction delay.
1. What must be prepared at the beginning of construction project?
2. Contract right checking
3. How to create a good schedule
4. How and when to notify
5. Documents used for extension of time request
6. Extension of time request letter writing
7. Presentation and negotiation
Q02 - Effective Document Control – Monitoring Project Delays
(How to manage construction documents to avoid project delay?)
A short, concise, yet intensive course that captures the essence needed for working in team with professional construction document controllers. Although everyone is not directly responsible for document storage, but the document control system cannot achieve its goal without the cooperation of the team. Therefore, all team members, from executives, engineers, and supervisors should understand the duties and responsibilities of the document controller, the importance of a document control system and the risk that the project could be delayed or failed if there are mistakes in document management.
This course is designed specifically for the construction work, given by experienced professionals who have worked in large-scale international construction projects, especially in contract management and claims for extension of time and extra money request that require a lot of document to prove. Therefore, they realize the importance of document control very seriously.
Who is this course suitable for?
Manager, Engineer, QS, Contract, Claim, Safety, Architects, Coordinator, Technical. Participators will know and be aware of scopes and responsibilities of the construction document system management, purposes and the importance of the document control system and errors that are often found in document control. Those who take this course can be a part in supporting the efficient and seamless document control system in order to achieve its goal, which is the success of project management.
1. The Challenge of Document Management: Understand Document Control which is not just about putting documents into files and leaving them like that. It is more than just an action of storing. That what is it?
2. Risk of Poor Document Management: Get to know deeply about the document control system and its importance. Why do some projects fail just because the paperwork was ignored? Some projects are delayed and supporting documents cannot be found. So how can we be of help?
3. Good practice in document management and control: Look at some examples of successful project with good document control system that allows document status tracking and document search to be done within seconds. Pro and con from these examples can be applied in real project.
4. Expected Benefits from a Good Document Management System: Understand and practice habitually. Then the document will be in order, easy to be searched, and accurate.
Q03 - Certified Document Controller for Construction Project
This is a course that combines all essential contents, both theory and practice, for those who want to become a professional construction document controller, given by experienced professionals who have worked in large-scale international construction projects, especially in contract management and claims for extension of time and extra money request that value the document control very seriously. Therefore, they can be direct to the point and bring in the knowledges which can be used practically.
Who is this course suitable for?
1. Beginners in Document Controlling. Participators will learn about scopes, responsibilities, objectives and importance of document control, operational procedures, and errors often found in document controlling. At the end of this course, they will be able to understand and apply to their current work effectively.
2. Current Document Controllers. Participators will learn and understand to compare with their current work. They can exchange ideas and experiences with other colleagues who are responsible for the same job in different companies who also participated in the course for broader perspectives. Once the course has been completed, they will be able to improve their current works to be more efficient.
1. What is Document Control?
2. Foundations of Project Document Control
3. Document Identification, Classifying, Filing & Information Security
4. Document Lifecycle & Revision Control & Distribution
5. Final Documentation
6. Document Control Procedures and Specifications
7. Electronic Document Management System
8. EDMS Implementation
9. Communication skill and relations with people at all levels.